- Age: 12 - 18 months
- Time: 5 minutes to 1 hour
- Materials: Empty blok bucket, glue, pencil, empty thread spool
Developmental BenefitGross Motor Skills
- You can create a drum for your child by using an empty Mega Bloks bucket.
- Create a drumstick by gluing the lead end of a pencil into the hole of an empty thread spool.
- For a variation, an empty paper towel roll and an empty oatmeal box will make a soft but authentic drum for your toddler.
Other Activities for 12 - 18 months
Child Development by Ages
Here are some guidelines for each age group, which help you understand your child's potential. Everyone develops differently, but most children reach these milestones by a certain age. Click on the bar below to find out more about each age.
Want to raise a well-rounded child? Discover the different kinds of developmental benefits to see how you can help your child grow into an intelligent and healthy individual! Click an image to find out more!