Roll a Ball
- Age: Age 3
- Time: 15-20 minutes
- Materials: Maxi Bloks, a ball
Developmental BenefitGross Motor Skills
- Build the base of the archway with two sets of 2x2 blocks.
- On top of each one, connect 2x1 blocks, followed by 1x1 blocks.
- Connect the two sides of the archway with two 1x4 blocks, locked by another 1x4 block.
- Once the archway is complete, take an appropriate ball and watch your child Roll-a- Ball through it.
- To practice motor skills and increase challenge, remove blocks from each side, shortening the archway. You can also back your child up to present a farther target.
Child Development by Ages
Here are some guidelines for each age group, which help you understand your child's potential. Everyone develops differently, but most children reach these milestones by a certain age. Click on the bar below to find out more about each age.
Want to raise a well-rounded child? Discover the different kinds of developmental benefits to see how you can help your child grow into an intelligent and healthy individual! Click an image to find out more!