Three Blocks, Two Hands
- Age: 4 - 6 months
- Time: 5-10 minutes
- Materials: 3 building blocks
Developmental BenefitFine Motor Skills
- Put your baby on the floor or in his or her highchair.
- Place two blocks in front of your baby. If he or she doesn't immediately pick them up, hand them to your child.
- Now hand your baby the third block. He or she will eventually learn to drop one block in order to grab the other.
- This teaches your baby hand release skills, a very important development.
Other Activities for 4 - 6 months
Child Development by Ages
Here are some guidelines for each age group, which help you understand your child's potential. Everyone develops differently, but most children reach these milestones by a certain age. Click on the bar below to find out more about each age.
Want to raise a well-rounded child? Discover the different kinds of developmental benefits to see how you can help your child grow into an intelligent and healthy individual! Click an image to find out more!