Life goes by quick when you have kids. It feels like yesterday I was helping my oldest feed himself, today he makes his own food and speaks 2 languages! My youngest is growing even quicker, and my hair is getting grayer by the day.
Without sounding corny, you need to cherish every moment. Some of my fondest memories is playing with my kids – bonding with toys!
It’s amazing how much you and your child can learn from playing together. We’ve had Mega Bloks in the house before they born and they have always been a big part of play time, and still are. I remember building bloks with my dad when I was younger and it’s great to be able to share a similar experience with my boys.
Here are 10 things (I did) you should do with your kids before they grow up:
- Build a Tower – as big as you can until it falls over!
- Build a a few Animals – then make some animal noises
- Build Sandcastles at the Beach or Playground
- Paint with Bloks – dip your bloks in paint and stamp away!
- Teach your kid(s) to count – use the pegs to count
- Teach your kid(s) colors – they’re all primary colors!
- Learning Motor Skills – the shapes and sizes vary which makes it great for learning
- Make finger puppets – draw faces on the 1×1’s and stick them on your fingers
- Build a Castle – your kid(s) will have tons of fun role playing with there other toys
- Create your Board-game – lay them out on the floor like a labyrinth
Most importantly have fun!
What kind of cool and fun activities have you done with Mega Bloks? Let us know in the comments.